Harper Collins: The Gilded Seal
A novel by James Twining
Published by Harper Collins
Harper Collins was looking to promote awareness of the release of James Twinning’s new book “The Gilded Seal”. Digital marketing was chosen as the most effective platform for both promotion and cost and Naked Penguin Boy was commissioned to promote the book.
Primary Target Audience:
- Men & women aged 18 -50 with a predominantly male skew.
- Fans of Tom Kirk series
- Fans of the crime, thriller and adventure genre
- To promote the release of the book on a digital platform using various online PR and marketing elements as well as social networking tactics.
- Generate awareness of The Gilded Seal as the 3rd novel in the Tom Kirk series, describing it as an action packed thriller perfect for fans of James Bond or Roberts Ludlum’s Bourne series. And highlight the author’s accolades.
- Drive traffic to online retailers for purchase, as well as maximise awareness so as to drive footfall into store.
A series of online PR and marketing elements, as well as social networking tactics were used to promote the book release over a month long period.
Naked Penguin Boy ensured that the campaign enjoyed frequent Digital PR in the run up to the release of the book with prominent homepage coverage across certain sites such as Female First (2.9 mil unique users), The Detour (256,000 unique users) and Reviewed Online (134,000 unique users).
Social networking groups and fan pages were engaged with and informed of the new release.
A micro-site, including a game based on the plot lines, synopsis, competition and buy now links were created and promoted.
Naked Penguin Boy encouraged Storm watches to kindly sponsor 13 watches for the competitions on the micro-site and elsewhere.
- 14,517 Competition Entrants
- 66,461 Unique Game Plays
- 91,029 unique visitors to the micro-site
- 66,760 Competition Entrants
Total (Data Capture): 81,277 Competition Entrants
Total Estimated Reach: 2,814,327
Total EMV: £218,638
Harper Collins saw an 8% above expected increase in sales for the book that was directly attributed to the digital marketing effort.
Now what can we do for you?
If you liked this project and would like to know more…Contact Us